Tuesday 13 January 2015

Photoshoot: Digipak and Print Advert

Tuesday the 13th of January 2014 
Today I went out with our artist, Hollie, and took some potential images for my digipak and print advert. I chose the location of the steps which are featured in our music video, thus to create continuity. I also had Hollie wearing the same jumper, scarf and headband as featured in the music video. From my research into indie digipaks and indie music images in general, I noticed that the majority used close up and mid-close up shots, therefore I took a lot of these shots. Indie artists who used close ups and mid-close ups include:
Nina Nesbitt - Peroxide
Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
 Florence and The Machine - LUNGS

I also noticed from my research that white text was often featured, therefore I aim to use white text on my own print work.

Here are the images I collected:

 I started off by asking Hollie to do serious poses, as upon my research I fond these were common among the indie genre. 







 I really like this image, as I feel that the natural lighting, Hollie smiling and her pose would be ideal for my Digipak. I am considering this image as the front cover of my digipak. 
I then decided to take some long shots and extreme long shots of the artist, Hollie. I did this as from my research into the indie genre I noticed that often long shots of the artists were featured on digipaks, for instance on Mumford & Sons digipak for 'Sigh No More'







I like this image as from my research a serious pose is often featured on indie digipaks. I am thinking about using this image for my print advert as I feel it will be effective in connoting the indie genre. Also, within the indie genre images are often featured on digipaks and print adverts of the artists looking away from the camera, creating a sense of mystery.














 I really like these two images of Hollie, as I took them when she was genuinely laughing. Thus creating a realistic image which I think works well.
I decided to take some long shots of Hollie's back, whilst she is walking up the steps. I did this as I feel an image like this would be effective on my digipak, perhaps on the bottom left hand panel and behind the CD panel.



I decided to take some images of Hollie walking up the steps from behind, as I think it creates a nice image. I also think it will create continuity between the music video and my digipak as the steps are featured in the music video at the beginning. I am considering using this for my digipak. 








 I decided to take some images of the steps as I think it will act as a good image for my digipak, perhaps behind the CD or on an adjacent panel with the song tracks on. 

I decided to take some images of Hollie wearing the headband which is also featured in the music video as this would create continuity between my print work. I think that the colours work well with her clothing, however I doubt I will use these images as both Hollie and Louise who are in my group, have decided to use images featuring the headband, so as to create individuality between all of our print work I don't think I will feature these images.








 I also decided to take some images of Hollie moving to add a different perspective to the digipak, however I am not fully convinced these work as they look a bit staged and unrealistic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment